Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My (not so) Wild Tuesday

Well, I did it. I said I wouldn't, but I did because they were cheap and I talked my close friend, Dave Briggs, into going with me. I hang my head in shame just typing it. The horror...


I WENT TO BUFFALO WILD WINGS FOR $0.50 WING NIGHT.

I didn't want to review BWW, nor did I want to review any other commercial fried chicken restaurant, but I had to confess. I just couldn't keep it from you guys. Lying just ain't right. 

So on Tuesdays, every BWW nation-wide has $0.50 wing night. Having this amazing discount is a great way to drive business... if your product is good. Beggers can't be choosers, so I can't hate on the wings too much. 

Bless their hearts.

If you've been to one BWW, you've been to them all. Loud, Top- 40 music blares from the 237 speakers, while over-sized TV's play every game, but the one you want to see. 

Duke, who? I'm gettin' outta here!

After mulling over the list of fourteen different sauces for the wings (boneless are not discounted), I chose the spicy garlic, parmesan garlic, and salt & vinegar. Lots of  garlic, I know, but they say its good for ya. They, meaning my grandma, Docia (pronounced dough-sha). 

You get what you pay for. 

I knew the wings would be considerably small because of the discount, but I didn't know that they would lack flavor and overall moisture. The spicy garlic were my fav, because they were drenched in the sauce. The sauce was tangy, slightly spicy (like Texas Pete spicy), with a punch of garlic. I assumed the salt & vinegar wings would taste similar to lemon pepper, but I was disappointed. I LOVE lemon pepper wings because they're super salty. The seasoning on these wings had actually fallen off the chicken! WOMP. Don't even get me started with the parmesan garlic... moving on (flips hair). 

Smile occured pre-bite.

Let's be honest, they weren't the worst and they weren't the best. If you're having a party and you need 100 mediocre wings for cheap, go for it. I'll probably go back to B- Dubs, but only if they use this guy as their '50 Cent' mascot at the Hollywood location on Tuesdays. 


All my love- 
Bibby.


No comments:

Post a Comment